Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Posted on November 16, 2018 at 3:48 PM by David Marino
As we move into 2019, construction will begin on many of the City’s drainage and street projects. A few of the projects have already started. These projects are associated with the bond passed by voters in November 2014. We have included anticipated construction dates for Proposition 3 (Streets) and Proposition 4 (Drainage). Times are subject to change. We have also included two timelines with more detailed information on the projects.
Proposition 3 and Proposition 4 Updates
Posted on September 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM by David Marino
2014 BOND PROJECT UPDATES - STREETS AND DRAINAGE
As we move into 2019, construction will begin on many of the City’s drainage and street projects. These projects are associated with the bond passed by voters in November 2014. The bond includes five propositions aimed at improving streets, drainage, parks and trails, and municipal and public safety facilities. Below you will find anticipated construction dates for Proposition 3 (Streets) and Proposition 4 (Drainage). Times are subject to change. We have also included two timelines with more detailed information on the projects.
PROPOSITION 3 STREETS
OLD GOFORTH ROAD
The general scope of work for this project includes:
· Dedicated left and right turn lanes at Tom Green Elementary
· Intersection safety improvements at FM 2001
· Increase pedestrian connectivity between subdivisions and school
· Aesthetic enhancements
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: January 2019 - October 2019
· Widening of the Bradfield Drive / Main Street Intersection and extension of the 5 lane section to the west of Santa Cruz Catholic church
· Signal Modification at Bradfield Drive and Main Street to accommodate additional lanes
· Bradfield Park cross culvert extension / modification
· Extension of sidewalk along Main Street and improved accessibility to Bradfield Park
· Select areas for pavement base repair
· Pavement overlay and re-striping
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: January 2019 - December 2019
MAIN STREET AT RM 967
· Widening of existing pavement for dedicated left turn lanes
· Extend limits of current right turn lane
· Maintain existing diagonal parking
· Relocation of traffic signal poles
· Reconfiguration of sidewalks
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: July 2019 - January 2020
SAN ANTONIO ST./GARISON ROAD (Ongoing)
· Widening of existing pavement to enhance parking at Buda City Park
· Intersection safety improvements by separating San Antonio St. and Garison Road turning movements
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: July 2018 - December 2018 (Ongoing)
RAINY DAY PROJECT
The general scope of work for this project includes:
· Just west of Cabela’s Drive to the Bradfield Park cross culverts
· Bradfield Park cross culverts to Railroad Street
· the Cabela’s Drive / Goforth Road connector
PROJECT STILL IN DESIGN
Preliminary Engineering - June 2017 - December 2017
Design - June 2017 - December 2017 - Currently at 30% design. Project added to Bond Program due to surplus funds.
Final Design - November 2018 - February 2019
PROPOSITION 4 DRAINAGE
PROJECT 1 (Ongoing)
· Channel improvements and culvert upgrades along Houston St., Railroad St., and main channel
· New storm drain inlets at Houston St. and Rose St.
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: July 2018 - February 2019 (Ongoing)
· Channel improvements and culvert upgrades along main channel
ANTICIPATED CONTSRUCTION: January 2019 - September 2019
FIRE STATION/BLUFF ST. (DIVERSION)
· Flood diversion (relief) channel from unnamed tributary to Onion Creek
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: July 2019 - June 2020
· Channel Improvements and culvert upgrades along W. Goforth and Union Pacific Railroad Track
ANTICIPATED CONSTRUCTION: November 2019 - January 2020
Posted on August 16, 2018 at 5:49 PM by David Marino
HOUSTON STREET DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
First Phase of Construction Begins on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018
BUDA, TX — On Thursday, August 16, construction will begin on the first phase of the Houston Street Drainage Improvement project. Smith Contracting will begin performing trenching and utility work on Rose Street at Lilly Street. This phase of the project will include open cut excavation and construction of drainage improvements within public easements and street right-of-way. There will be a total of 8 phases
ROSE STREET CLOSURE
Rose Street, between Railroad Street and Cedar Street, will be closed to all through traffic during the project. The closure begins on August 16. Detour signs will be up in the area. However, access will be allowed to local businesses and residential properties along Rose Street and Lilly Street for the duration of the construction project.
The contractor will be allowed to work between 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., will be required to secure the construction zone overnight, and have a traffic control plan in force at all times during work within the public right-of-way.
The project is expected to be finished in late November 2018. We will keep you updated throughout each phase of the drainage improvement project. The improvements are being made as part of Bond Proposition 4.
SEQUENCE OF WORK
Phase 1: Full closure and detour of Rose Street at Lilly Street. Construct culvert across Rose Street and along Lilly Street.
Phase 2: Construct open channel along Lilly Street.
Phase 3: Full closure and detour of Houston Street at Prairie Avenue. Construct culverts across intersection.
Phase 4: Detour eastbound Houston Street at Prairie Avenue. Construct culverts across intersection.
Phase 5: Construct open channel along Pucket Alley.
Phase 6: Detour westbound Rose Street. Construction culvert along Rose Street. Construct culvert along Rose Street.Minimize duration of mid-block driveway closure.
Phase 7: Full closure and detour of Railroad Street north of Rose Street. Construct culvert under Railroad Street.
Phase 8: Full closure and detour of Houston Street between Main Street and Railroad Street. Construct culvert under Houston Street.